- “The Bilioustine,” 1901
- Parodies in Mad, 1954-2017
- The Bawl Street Journal, 1919-2009
- Columbia Jester Parodies, 1913-1989
- The Chaparral Mocks L&M, 1960
- Parodies In Playboy, 1970-2000
- Corey Ford’s “Mis-Fortune,” 1934
- MIT Voo Doo Parodies, 1923-1991.
- “Paul Ryan: The Magazine” Needs You
- The Yale Record’s “Smut,” 1951.
Tag Archives: 1990s
Wikipedia helpfully lists all of Mad’s movie and TV-show spoofs, but I believe this is the first attempt to catalog parodies of publications. Real, identifiable publications, that is: I’m not counting the fake lifestyle mags for groups like beatniks and hippies and mobsters … Continue reading
Parody Of: The New York Times. Title: “The New York Times.” Parody By: Spy. Date: July 15, 1992. Length: 4 pages. Contributors: Uncredited. Availability: Occasionally seen on eBay and abebooks; online right here. Amid the current worry over “fake news,” it might be soothing to revisit a political hoax that only wanted to raise a … Continue reading
Parody Of (in order): Vanity Fair, People, The New Republic, Architectural Digest, Esquire, Rolling Stone, New York, GQ, New York Times Book Review, Harper’s. Title: “Coming Soon to a Newsstand Near You.” Parody In: Spy, August 1991. Pages: 9. Contributors: Uncredited. … Continue reading