- Parodies in Mad, 1954-2017
- The Bawl Street Journal, 1919-2009
- Columbia Jester Parodies, 1913-1989
- The Chaparral Mocks L&M, 1960
- Parodies In Playboy, 1970-2000
- Corey Ford’s “Mis-Fortune,” 1934
- MIT Voo Doo Parodies, 1923-1985.
- “Paul Ryan: The Magazine” Needs You
- The Yale Record’s “Smut,” 1951.
- Online: Spy’s “New York Times,” 1992.
Tag Archives: 2010s
Wikipedia helpfully lists all of Mad’s movie and TV-show spoofs, but I believe this is the first attempt to catalog parodies of publications. Real, identifiable publications, that is: I’m not counting the fake lifestyle mags for groups like beatniks and hippies and mobsters … Continue reading
The brains behind last summer’s masterful online-only parody of The New Yorker (a.k.a. “The Neu Jorker”) are now seeking funds for their follow-up project: an “unofficial parody magazine” devoted to Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. In addition to mocking the Wisconsin Republican, the one-shot … Continue reading
Parody Of: The New Yorker. Title: “The Neu Jorker.” Parody By: Andrew Lipstein, James Folta, et al. Date: June 20, 2016. Pages: 80. Contributors: Andrew Lipstein, James Folta, et al. Availability: Online at 0s&1s Reads. No sooner do I launch this blog than a group of mostly web-based humorists go and … Continue reading