- “The Bilioustine,” 1901
- Parodies in Mad, 1954-2017
- The Bawl Street Journal, 1919-2009
- Columbia Jester Parodies, 1913-1989
- The Chaparral Mocks L&M, 1960
- Parodies In Playboy, 1970-2000
- Corey Ford’s “Mis-Fortune,” 1934
- MIT Voo Doo Parodies, 1923-1991.
- “Paul Ryan: The Magazine” Needs You
- The Yale Record’s “Smut,” 1951.
Tag Archives: 2000s
Wikipedia helpfully lists all of Mad’s movie and TV-show spoofs, but I believe this is the first attempt to catalog parodies of publications. Real, identifiable publications, that is: I’m not counting the fake lifestyle mags for groups like beatniks and hippies and mobsters … Continue reading
In case “The Neu Jorker” doesn’t sate your appetite for fake New Yorkers, here are two more you can read in their entirety online: Parody Of: The New Yorker. Title: “The New Yorker.” Parody By: Northwestern Purple Parrot. Date: February 1942. Pages: 36. Contributors: Portia McClain, Mary Ellen Sams (editors), et al. … Continue reading